As a research organization the Kettering Foundation relies upon a team of resident researchers to contribute to its programs. The research group includes full-time positions open to recent recipients of bachelors or masters degrees. The position includes residency at the Dayton, Ohio campus for one academic year (usually July – July). The primary responsibility is to provide focused reviews of relevant scholarly and professional literature. Residents work individually and within a 4-6 member research group. We seek candidates whose interests are complementary to the foundation’s interdisciplinary research into the challenges of democratic governance.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- communicate and write effectively,
- read and write across disciplines and recognize interdisciplinary connections among research questions
- understand and translate technical concepts into reports coherent to non-specialists
- work independently and with others in research teams
- spend one academic year in residence at the foundation’s Dayton, Ohio, office
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, current resume, three letters of recommendation, and a writing sample. Please send email to email@example.com with subject “Resident Research Position.”
The cover letter should address the following:
- What elements of Kettering Foundation research do you find most related to your research interest?
- What skills and knowledge do you hope to gain from a year at the Kettering Foundation?
We will begin reviewing applications March 15.
Resident researchers receive excellent full-time compensation and benefits, including medical insurance. The foundation provides office space; use of a computer; and access to the Internet, an internal library, electronic journal subscriptions and other research resources. Residents are reimbursed for ordinary costs associated with a temporary relocation to Dayton.